Northern France Tourism : official website

Collégiale Saint-Pierre

Church (AIRE-SUR-LA-LYS)


Spoken languages : anglais


La Collégiale has been the town's parish church since 1802, but it used to be the church of the Saint-Peter Cathedral Chapter, a Chapter of canons founded by Count Flandre Baudoin V in 1059. The wars caused tremendous damage, but successive reconstructions have always stayed faithful to the church's original design. It is one of the biggest high-Gothic and Renaissance style monuments in Flanders.