This striking medieval tower is all that remains of a complete 14th-century castle ensemble with an upper and a lower bailey. Its square base is flanked by six cylindrical corbelled turrets. This kind of architecture is rare. Repeatedly ransacked and then restored, the keep was inhabited until 1735. Left abandoned until 1980, it was acquired by the town in a state of sorry disrepair, and renovated to become the new town hall. This last, complete restoration has revived the building, a listed "Historic Monument", returning it to its former glory.