Northern France Tourism : official website

Eglise de Vieille-chapelle

Church (VIEILLE-CHAPELLE)

The village of Vieille-Chapelle, near Estaires, was completely destroyed in the Battle of the Lys in the spring of 1918. During reconstruction, the design of the new church was entrusted to the architects Louis Quételart and André Pavlovsky who were already busy at work rebuilding Méteren. Completed in 1924, the church clearly shows the Basque influence which established the reputations of the architects in Le Touquet and Saint-Jean-de-Luz (Basque Country).