Northern France Tourism : official website

Monument à la 37ème Division Britannique

Monument to the dead (MONCHY-LE-PREUX)

Three British infantrymen, back to back with their weapons at rest, dominate the memorial erected 'in memory of the officers and soldiers of the 37th Division of the British Army' who fell in the Great War. They distinguished themselves in the Battle of Arras when they took the village of Monchy, a high position above the Cambrai Road. Entering the village on 11 April 1917 in the middle of a snow storm, by the 14 it was completely secure thanks to the heroism of the Newfoundland Regiment.