Northern France Tourism : official website

Monument aux Morts de Caudry

Monument to the dead (CAUDRY)

Erected in 1922 in honour of those who died in the Great War, Caudry Monument is also a poignant reminder of the German occupation of the town which lasted the length of the war. Four bas-reliefs on the monument show a French soldier in a trench dreaming of Sainte-Maxellende church tower and a family mourning the death of a loved one. Other scenes depict women, children and the elderly fleeing the town; and the liberation of the town by the British on 30 September 1918.