Northern France Tourism : official website

Moulin Spinnewyn

Mill (HONDSCHOOTE)


  • Moulin Spinnewyn
    Office de Tourisme du Pays du Lin
    Impasse Spinnewyn
    59122 HONDSCHOOTE

The Spinnewyn postmill, otherwise known as Moulin de la Victoire, was rebuilt in 1993 to replace the old mill that was totally destroyed at the end of the 19th century. This reconstruction pays tribute to the courage of the French troops during the Battle of Honschoote in 1793. They fought to repel the attacking army assembled here by the monarchies of Europe, and avoid an invasion of France and its fledgling republic. The mill can only be visited upon request.