The Sars-Poteries mill is the only one in the region that has kept its machinery wholly intact. It's a typical 18th-century watermill with a large gearwheel that operates three pairs of millstones. This gearwheel was originally worked by a bucket wheel, replaced in 1958 by a water-driven turbine. The entire lift system, with pulleys and bucket-style elevating belt, is also powered by hydraulics. The building has four floors.