The Mont-Piété in Bergues is the prize jewel of Flemish Baroque art. Designed by Wenceslas Cobergher, a painter, architect, economist and engineer, it was built between 1629 and 1633. The museum is housed in this elegant building, a rectangular structure of stone-faced brick, with richly adorned gables on both sides and many windows, some of them set in flattened arches along the walls, and others opening out from the slate roof. The museum was listed as an "Historic Monument" in 1907. It contains a large collection of mostly Flemish paintings and drawings from the 16th to the 19th century, as well as a natural history collection. The museum’s major work is the masterly "Le Veilleur au chien" by George de La Tour, part of the 'Hurdy gurdy group' of paintings created from 1620. The museum also contains a large collection of drawings (1,500).