The Musée de l'Hospice Comtesse, in the historical centre of Lille, was founded in 1237 by the countess Jeanne de Flandre (1200 - 1244) within the walls of her own palace, the former hospital of Notre-Dame. The buildings of the main courtyard now provide an overview of architecture in Lille between the 15th and 18th centuries (ward, convent buildings, a wing built in 1724 and the chapel) and pay testimony to the wealth of a charitable institution at the heart of the city. The ground floor of the convent building contains a detailed reconstruction of a typical Flemish home in the 17th-18th centuries (interior decoration, 18th-century furniture, fine tableware, wall tiles, tapestries, still life paintings). The dormitory contains a selection of works illustrating the town's history and everyday life from the 16th century to the French revolution. The 15th-century hospital ward regularly hosts exhibitions, including of contemporary art.